August 16, 2010

Home Sweet Home.

Hi folks. I realize it's been awhile. A long while. Things have been super busy around here. With my growing business, husband, friends, family and dog, I’ve been pretty busy this summer.

I mentioned before that one of the things I hated most of all about my first career as an accountant is that it left me with little free time. I can’t say that self employment gives me a ton of extra time but it’s just a different kind of time. I can work in the morning, take a break to clean, do laundry and run to the grocery store and then come back and work in the evening, or I can just have the day off at my leisure. Ahh…the life of self employment is a good one. I really am a much happier and well rested person now.

Anyway, the point of my rant is that I hadn’t really decorated the house we moved into almost three years ago. We were lucky enough to move into a gorgeous, brand new home. The only downside is that the walls and carpet were all a very boring shade of tan. Tan! Who wants a tan house?? Anyone who knows me knows that I like color. Living in a house with tan walls was nearly torture for me. So I painted. Painted bright colors. Lime green kitchen. Chocolate brown foyer. Grey and bright blue dining room. Green bathroom. But I didn’t hang any artwork on the walls or even frame any photos. I think it was part of not knowing exactly what I wanted and I didn’t want to commit to anything until I was sure I loved it. Well I am surely making up for lost time.

Within the last week we purchased a new couch, new bedroom set, painted the stairwell, upstairs hallway, half bath on the 1st level and two of the spare bedrooms and we are getting a fence. In two weeks. Ozzy is so excited and he’s already asking for his friend RT to come over and play! We’ve been saving for all of these things for awhile now and just haven’t had the time to go furniture shopping and commit to pieces we loved and wanted to keep for a long time.

On to the furniture….



Our gorgeous new sectional couch. We are having it made in a medium charcoal color. It going to look beautiful in our family room. I just refinished a fugly old corner entertainment center (another post, another time) but it looks fabulous and brand new and matches our decor so much better. It's going to look gorgeous with the new couch.



Our new bedroom set. I made a headboard to match our wall color so we purchased two nightstands, dresser, mirror and tall chest. It's a dark brown with a really pretty grain.



Here's the bedding I've yet to purchase but am kind of in love with for our bedroom from West Elm. It's a muted red color and I think it would look great with our new bedroom furniture and current wall color (a dark tan). For some reason I just can't pull the plug and purchase it yet though. Choosing bedding has been the biggest challenge so far. I want something simple and elegant but it has to be a color that can handle dark dog hair since the King Osborne sleeps with us. I'm really looking for something in a dark orange...any suggestions??? Leave me a comment!




And the MOST exciting new on furniture yet. My mega-talented Dad is making a dining room table and hutch for us. Gasp! I know. I cannot even begin to explain the amount of excitement I have over this. My Dad is a jack of all trades. He can literally do or make anything. When I was venting how I couldn't find a dining room table I loved that didn't have a $2k price tag attached to it, he kindly asked if he could make one for me. WHAT??? Are you kidding! Of course! He loves being handy and even build a cool unattached garage on their property for his workshop. It's pretty BA....it's a loft style place which includes a mini fridge of beer and water and his ugly recliner that my mom outlawed from her new house. We call it the man cave/his apartment. Anyway, he is kindly desiging a gorgeous wood table for us that will slightly mimic this Pottery Barn classic....






The hutch will be a mix and match of these two pieces with LOTS of storage for wine.


I have several ideas for amazing dinner parties and meals to be served on this gorgeous set.



Now, I just need to get all of the furniture in and our house will finally start to feel customized and like a real home. The couch is going to take 10-12 weeks because it's custom and the bedroom furniture should be here by mid September. I will be sure to post pictures. I just realized I've never posted any photos of our house...inside or out so, if anyone even cares, I will post before and after photos of the transformation from new construction house to our beautiful, colorful home!






Cheer,
LT

P.S. You should follow me on Twitter or like me on Facebook

5 comments:

Julia Goolia said...

LOVE the colors and those hutches are to die for. How fun!!

Unknown said...

Love the bedding!!!! Can't wait to see, but we all haven't been over for so long, I'm getting anxious to see the NEW transformation!

Trisha said...

R/T is dying to come over and play with Oz! I can't wait to see (and lounge on) all of the new furniture!

PS - I love it when you blog! :)

Maria said...

I love your choices. Can't wait to see more pictures!!!

Katie said...

Love the furniture and how cool that your dad is making your dining set. I love your ideas by the way!


Labels

Contact

Email me at info@lt-photos.com

About This Blog

Novice photographer. Expert fashionista. Creative chef.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP