September 10, 2010

My Wants, Wishes & Goals in a List!

I came across this website and was instantly inspired. There are so many things I want to do with my life and it’s hard to have all those thoughts organized in my head. The ‘101 in 1001’ list is perfect for me because it will hold me accountable for the things I want to do in my life with a clear cut deadline in place. So this is super personal for me to be posting but I figure I put everything else out there, why not my life goals, huh?

Here are the rules:

The Challenge:
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.


The Criteria:
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on your part).


Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple challenges such as New Year's resolutions or a 'Bucket List'. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips, study semesters, or outdoor activities.




START DATE: September 10, 2010
END DATE: June 8, 2013




1) Go to Europe with Tommy (in process - summer 2011)
2) Go sledding on Art Hill
3) Take our honeymoon
4) Host a fancy dinner party when Dad finishes our dining room set
5) Take photos with my Grandma Marie
6) Eat dinner 2 times a week in our dining room
7) Try a new recipe once a week for a year
8 ) Make all my own household cleaning products (in process - almost done!)
9) Pay for the meal of a stranger (drive thru counts!)
10) Join a local CSA
11) Take photos to print on canvases for our home
12) Learn how to cook my Grandma Marie’s famous risotto
13) Make DVD pocket folders for branding
14) Adopt a family at Christmas
15) Order a stamp of my photography logo
16) Go to Las Vegas
17) Watch the Dexter series
18) Direct and create a video with my Flip camera
19) Create a coffee table book of our trips (past & future)
20) Spend an entire day with Grandma Marie
21) Take photos of all my friends together
22) Practice yoga once a week for an entire year
23) Put a bun in the oven
24) After #23, write in a journal and take photos weekly for 9 months
25) Learn to knit
26) Start a garden with my Dad
27) Start a family cookbook with my Mom and Sister
28) Becoming certified to teach yoga
29) Train and run a 10k (in process - October 17th)
30) Train and run a half-marathon
31) Put flowers on the graves of my deceased relatives
32) Take family photos of my immediate family
33) Adopt another doggie brother/sister for Ozzy
34) Eat at a new restaurant once a month for a year
35) Learn how to cook with a pressure cooker
36) Ice skate in St. Louis in the winter
37) Attend midnight mass on Christmas Eve every year
38) Blog personally and professional 2-3 times a week each
39) Create a collage of prints of my travels; hang them in the living room
40) Have Tommy and I’s photos taken professionally
41) Create pricing booklets - wedding and portrait
42) Fully integrate ShootQ into my business
43) Make handmade gifts for 50% of Christmas gifts
44) Work on SEO for my Web site
45) Try to work out in the morning 3-4 times a week for one month
46) Take a Zumba class
47) Shoot my first birth photography session (in process - approx. Nov 19th)
48) Go to a Jasmine Star workshop in CA
49) Attend WPPI
50) Take a spinning class
51) Go to Colorado with Tommy in the winter and stay in a cabin with no TV, clocks or cell phone reception
52) Create holiday card templates for clients to order
53) Introduce new line of guest books and albums
54) Re-do our deck
55) Begin using QuickBooks
56) Implement client surveys to get their feedback on how I’m doing
57) Finish our basement
58) Book a destination wedding
59) Go camping
60) Take a family vacation - Holloway’s & Tedesco’s
61) Keep a gratitude journal
62) Tie a note to a balloon and let it go
63) Plant a tree in the middle of our backyard with Tommy & carve our initials in it
64) Hang a hammock up in our backyard
65) Die my hair dark red
66) Purchase the 50mm 1.2
67) Purchase the 70-200 2.8
68) Purchase the 28mm 2.8
69) Purchase the 85mm 1.2
70) See a drive in movie
71) Order custom DVDs with my photography name and logo
72) Attend the Schlafly ‘Hop in the City’ and sample ALL of their beers
73) Tour the AB brewery
74) Join PPA
75) Write a note to myself to open in 10 years
76) Attend free concerts at the zoo and History Museum in STL in the fall
77) Donate my time to Stray Rescue 6/12 months of the year
78) Donate wedding photography services to a couple who needs it
79) Tailgate before a Ram’s football game
80) Have my photography work published on a style/wedding blog
81) Have my photography work published in a magazine
82) Begin fostering relationships with vendors I work with
83) Switch over to all reusable bags
84) Create a birthday list of family’s birthdays and send a card out to everyone for their birthday. On time…for a change
85) Make a mix CD for a different friend every month for a year
86) Watch all 100 movies on AFI’s 100 Greatest American Movies list
87) Have a date night once a month with my husband for an entire year
88) Revamp my family room
89) Decorate our master bed and bath
90) Fence in our backyard (in process - approx. Sept 20th for install)
91) See 10 classic movies I’ve never seen
92) Learn to play golf and play 18 holes with Tommy
93) Play in a sand volleyball league with friends
94) Learn to do something new in PhotoShop once a month for a year
95) Don’t complain about anything for one week
96) Go on a picnic
97) Influence a person to make a ‘101 in 1001’ list
98) Write a short story
99) Sing karaoke at a bar
100) Get a tattoo
101) Go vegetarian for one month


So some of these are silly, some are wants and not needs and some are real things I want to do before I die. I am a very goal oriented person so hopefully in 2.75 years I can say I’ve done most, if not all, of the things on my ‘101 in 1001’ list.

Oh and PLEASE let me know if you choose to go to this website and create a list of your own. Then I can cross #97 off my list. What things would be on your list? Have you done anything on my list? What advice can you give me???


Cheers,
LT

2 comments:

Trisha said...

Consider #97 "crossed off" - this is what I'll be doing during my prep period tomorrow!

Joi said...

Great list, Lynsey!


Labels

Contact

Email me at info@lt-photos.com

About This Blog

Novice photographer. Expert fashionista. Creative chef.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP