February 2, 2011

The great garden debacle of 2011

I want a garden. T does not. Thus, the great garden debacle of 2011.

Great. Glad you are all caught up now. Not saying I'm a total brat, but I'm kind of a brat. I'm the baby of the family and pretty much always got and still get what I wanted. When I married T, I expected the same treatment. Out of no where he started saying words like "No, Lyns" and "I don't think that's a good idea" "We'll see" (which everyone knows means no, I just don't want to piss you off right now) and "Not gonna happen." For some reason that doesn't sit well with me. Not. At. All. I am a pretty stubborn person and tend not to let up until I get exactly what I want. Great for my business, bad for my personality.

Mission 1: Complete
I begged T for 2 years for a dog. Every time, I heard "we'll see" until one day, I said you'll see. I sent him mapquest directions on where to meet me and at what time. He showed up to the foster home of our first born child, Ozzy. Got my way. Bam.

Mission 2: In Process
The other thing I want madly is a garden. My dad is super handy and has offered to make these awesome garden beds, basically looking like the following:


Adorableness right? Not at all "hoosier" as the coined phrase T likes to use to describe my deliciously beautiful garden. Well folks, I solved the great garden debacle of 2011!! I am acting in true Lynsey form and just doing it. I hate to break the news to him via the Internet (that is if that man even reads my blog), however, he really left me no choice. My dad isn't so keen on the idea of just doing it, thus I will lie and tell him T is on board. Problem solved. And when he comes home to a garden and is pissed, like bald Britney Spears takes on an SUV with an umbrella pissed, I will make him a delicious home cooked meal with the fruits of my labor from our magnificent garden.

Amen.

And to all the married folks, your welcome for the lesson in getting what you want. Plus I know he really does want a garden, he just doesn't know it yet.

Cheers,
LT


2 comments:

Katie M. said...

I think a garden is a great idea, a lot of work but worth it in the end, if everything grows as it should!! Love the boxes too by the way!! Very cute!!

Mary said...

I am going to plant raised beds like these, so feel free to share your inspiration websites with us!


Labels

Contact

Email me at info@lt-photos.com

About This Blog

Novice photographer. Expert fashionista. Creative chef.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP