February 24, 2009

Running at the Y.M.C....And I can't believe I fell.

Let me set the scene:

Lady to my left...wearing white capris, high pony with a green hounds tooth scrunchie, white tee and denim jacket. She had in ear buds and was really into whatever she was listening too. I would imagine it was either:
A. Poison - Nothin' but a Good Time
B. Motley Crue OR
C. ACDC - Highway to Hell

She was so into her tunes folks, that she was loudly tapping the sides of her treadmill...for 9 minutes.

Young, college age kid to my right wearing a black head band, black wrist bands, one per wrist, black tee with sleeves cut off and black Adidas swishy pants. He was running so fast and so hard that I was scared the floor was going to fall from beneath us.

The rest of the gym is packed. 6 people behind me, two per side, row of bicycles in front of me, full.

Tonight, I had Tommy's ginormo, 80GB iPod since mine had zero battery. At this point I'm on .65 miles and am paying way too much attention to the pod since it's not my normal shuffle of tunes. Between my music situation and my surroundings, my focus was deeply compromised.

On with the story, just as I was just about to give up hope all together, the 'Ting Ting's -Shut Up and Let Me Go came on and I got in the groove. (Tommy, why is this on your iPod?) I am doing my cute little run, getting faster and faster and was basically not hurting at all and doing quite well with my run as I was approaching one mile. Before I know it my swinging arm clips the wire running from my ears to the pod and the iPod goes flying. I try to catch it and it lands on the treadmill. I immediately press the large, red STOP button thinking the treadmill will immediately stop.

Boy was I wrong.

As the treadmill speed starts to slowly decend, I try to jump off to catch the fallen iPod and fall to my right knee which then skids down on the running treadmill shoving me onto the floor. At this point the ear buds are no longer serving a purpose as they are god knows where, I have a small rug burn on my right knee and all I can do is laugh. Laugh hysterically and loud in a room of people staring at me. Mouths. Wide. Open.

WHAT???

No one laughs (that I saw) or asks if I'm okay but just stare at me with perplexed expressions. Nice. Real nice folks. So I peel my busted ars off the floor of the Y.M.C.A and keep on-a-runnin'.

I ran for 40 minutes after that and I laughed half the time and only listened to Kings of Leon, Breaking Benjamin, and you guessed it, Motley Crue.


Cheers to laughing at yourself when no one else does!

LT

10 comments:

Julia Goolia said...

Never take yourself too seriously, right? I love it. I almost fell off the treadmill the first day I joined. I blamed it on the disorienting personal TV 4 inches from my face:)

N. said...

At least you weren't flirting with a boy! Bc a girl at my gym was doing the whole hair tossing, flirting thing with her trainer, and lost her footing, fell down on the treadmill, and rode it down to the floor!

Katie said...

Wow, at least you are not badly hurt, right? :)

Lisa said...

Hilarious!! I love it :).

Anonymous said...

She better not be flirting at the gym....

I thought this story was great when you told me. I can just imagine it all in my head, wish I was there to laugh with you. PS. the song is on my Ipod, I like it, "so shut up and let me go".

Maria said...

OMG, that sounded painful! It's always good when you can laugh it off! :-)

Anonymous said...

Thank God you weren't hurt. If I was there, I would have stopped to see if you were alright!
Love, Mom

Lindsey said...

Cheers to that! I would have done the same thiing, we shouldn't take ourselves so seriously right?;)

Vanessa said...

Hahaha. Classic. Did it remind you of our horribly awkward middle school years? Like when you fell down the stairs to the basement at the Voegele's and slid across the store only to be stopped by hitting the Foosball table

J said...

You sound like the coolest chick!!! I love how you handled it!! People these days don't seem to know how to not be so serious.


Labels

Contact

Email me at info@lt-photos.com

About This Blog

Novice photographer. Expert fashionista. Creative chef.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP