November 23, 2009

M|M

Music is a huge part of my life. I have either my iPod or Pandora on for at least 8 hours at day at work and then when I'm spending countless hours in the evening editing, I listen to iTunes. I'm going to start blogging the songs I just can't get enough of. First a little music bio on myself:

1. I can play one song on the guitar...Cranberries 'Linger' {somewhere my brother is reading this and laughing}. You'll find this humorous if you've ever heard the song and immediately thought "oh well that song is easy and has about three cords..." umm yes, proving my point that I don't play guitar well.

2. I tend to not listen to many mainstream bands. Don't get me wrong, I love Coldplay, DMB, Paramore, Death Cab and if you see me while running, I'll most likely be listening to the Black Eyed Peas. However, for everyday listening, I chose non-mainstream bands. Odds are if you have heard a song on Grey's Anatomy, I will have their entire album in iTunes. It's just how I roll. This is for two reasons, I despise large venues for concerts and the larger the band the more likely they will play at Saavis or Verizon Wireless theatre and I dislike those kind of concerts. To me they're very impersonal. I'm a small venue lover, like the Foxx Theatre or Pageant.

3. Music can determine my mood. If I'm upset, I turn on music and it usually puts me back to normal.

4. Between my husband and I, we have over 20,000 songs...granted most are his, but mine still count!

Okay now that you have some back story...onto the brand new Music Mondays {MM if you will}!
{disclaimer: I do not pretend to be musically inclined. My mouth is not an instrument and I realize this}

MM
1. Meiko. I started typing all my favorite songs but in reality I love everything by her. Her voice is beautiful and simple. If I had to pick favorites though I love Hawaii, Walk By, Reasons to Love You, How Lucky We Are. Okay I must stop. Just download everything you can find :)
2. Phoenix. Current obsession is 1901. I downloaded earlier this year and I'm back on the kick. Great band.
3. Dustin Kensrue. His soulful, folkly tunes are upbeat and fun. His music usually rolls while we're entertaining at our house. Favorites are: Please Come Home, Blood & Wine, Pistol.
4. The Noisettes. Super fun, disco-tec beats. I can't stop listening to 'Don't Upset the Rhythm.' I challenge you not to dance when you hear this song.
5. The Gaslight Anthem. Folk. Indie. Rock. Three great qualities. Download their album '59' Sound.' It's a 'listen through'. {definition of a 'listen through' - listen to the album cover to cover without skipping tracks, resisting the desire to skip a track, pausing, ejecting}
6. Band of Horses. When Tommy asked who they were and I told him he laughed hysterically, actually. He pictures a horse playing the bass. I know...we're cut from the same dorky cloth. Band of Horses have some beautiful songs I adore. Favorites: No one's Gonna Love You, The Funeral, Our Swords, Is There A Ghost.
7. I saved my favorite for last. Rilo Kiley. I adore. Download everything...especially Close Call, Silver Lining, I Never, It's a Hit. Do it now. Umm and isn't she gorgeous??



That's all for this Monday. I hope at least one person goes and downloads a song. Let me know if you like them! There are two things I could talk about for hours...Ozzy, photography, music. Wait, I mean three things. Oh! And wine, oatmeal raisin cookies, OTH, boots...okay I could talk about a lot of things for hours. I feel like that totally un-validates my prior point. Oh well. Happy Monday {and short work week...AND Thanksgiving!}

Cheers!

LT

3 comments:

clary said...

Gah!! Love all your music choices and Pandora! Thinking we are musical soul mates...sorry Tommy.

Kathryn's Book Nook said...

I absolutely ADORE Rilo Kiley. Jenny Lewis is pretty much my favorite musician. If I could only listen to one bad for the rest of my life it would easily be them/her. <3

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this post! I added a few of these to my Pandora and I'm finding all kinds of stuff I love. :)


Labels

Contact

Email me at info@lt-photos.com

About This Blog

Novice photographer. Expert fashionista. Creative chef.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP