July 2, 2010

Spicy Summer Shrimp Stir-Fry | Recipe.

I took this Pioneer Woman recipe and made it my own. It’s SO yummy!

SPICY SUMMER SHRIMP STIR-FRY

Ingredients

Extra Virgin Olive Oil
White onion – as much as you want
4 cloves Garlic, Minced
1 lb Shrimp; peeled, deveined, tails off
2 Zucchini, Sliced thinly and cut into halves
2 Squash
1 can corn kernels
2 handfuls of shredded carrots
Chili paste
Cayenne pepper…if you’re into that sort of thing
Low-sodium Teriyaki sauce
Salt And Freshly Ground Pepper, To Taste
2 lbs minute rice


Preparation Instructions

Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add minced onion and garlic. When oil is hot, add zucchini, squash, carrots and corn and cook until transparent. I buy cooked, frozen shrimp in a bag from Trader Joe’s. While I’m sautéing the veggies in the skillet, I put the shrimp in a strainer in the sink and run room temperature water over them to defrost. Then pull the tails off and add to the skillet.

I like to brown the veggies in my stainless steel skillet before adding the sauce because I think it brings out more flavors. After everything is heated and Add 2 tablespoons full of chili paste and a few swigs (I’ve mentioned my irrationally cooking style before. Don’t judge.) of teriyaki sauce, salt, pepper and cayenne if you’re willing to experience some spice. Heat well and let sit on low for 10-12 minutes so all the flavors mesh, serve over rice and wal-la! Spicy Summer Shrimp Stir-Fry!




(photo courtesy of Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond)

Hope you enjoy!

Cheers,

LT

1 comment:

Jillian said...

looks delicious :)
Thank you for the encouragement!
For some reason, looking at your blog I feel like we've met?
Maybe I'm just crazy. haha.


Labels

Contact

Email me at info@lt-photos.com

About This Blog

Novice photographer. Expert fashionista. Creative chef.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP